Russian logistic operator Point Logistics selects Logistics Vision Suite to manage its warehousing operations
October 20, 2014
Point Logistics, through its modern A-class warehouse with a total area of over 40,000 sq.m. provides its customers with a wide range of warehouse logistics services. The modern warehouse infrastructure includes among else the following:
- Support for pallets EUR (800 x 1200) and FIN (1000 x 1200) standard with a height of up to 2,500 mm and weight up to 1,200 kg.
- A modern racking system that can be transformed depending on the load requirements thus saving time in handling of goods and reducing storage costs.
- Highly reliable and productive equipment, from the German manufacturer JUNGHEINRICH, providing a secure and efficient handling of cargo load.
- Reach trucks and electro loaders equipped with side grips (clamps) for the handling of large cargoes arriving without pallets (refrigerators, washing machines, etc). Pick-and-place air locks equipped with special bridges allow the serving of vehicles with any loading height and width of the truck.
- Two freight ramps for low-floor transport.
- Automatic heating control ensures the adjustment of temperature in different areas of the warehouse. Temperature inside the warehouse in winter is not below +16oC.
- A modern fire suppression system and a CCTV that along with a well-trained / disciplined staff and additional optional liability insurance guarantee the safety of the customers' cargo.
Thanks to the new warehouse management system (WMS Logistics Vision Suite) the various warehousing processes have been automated. The goods flow management is done in real time. The receiving and acceptance of goods, the put-away as well as the picking and shipping are done through wireless data collection terminals, with mandatory scanning of the relevant barcodes.
The warehouse operates 24 hours 7 days a week (with the only day off being the 1st of January every year). Three Data Processing Centers (DPC) and two fiber-optic communication lines along with own energy center and a backup connection to the power grid ensure an uninterrupted operation of the warehousing and IT systems.
Point Logistics provides its customers with the following services:
- Pallet storage services (almost of any size, weighing up to 1,200 kg).
- Packaged and piece storage.
- Acceptance of goods received on pallets and in bulk.
- Picking of pallets - boxes - pieces.
- Marking (labeling), handling of sets and repackaging.
- Complete information to customers.
- Assistance in electronic data exchange between client's IT system and Point Logistics accounting system.
- Authorized economic operator with its own parking for 240 eurotrucks, customs warehouse and temporary storage warehouse acts directly at the logistics center. Thus, a complex customer service is provided. After customs clearance, goods move to Point Logistics warehouse.