Alvisa, a leading producer of cognac spirits, wine and alcohol in Russia and one of the largest in Europe opts for Mantis' Logistics Vision software suite and ant Technologies
November 22, 2012
Alvisa, is a leading producer and distributor of cognac spirits, wine and alcohol in Europe and Russia and one of the largest Russian producers of brandy, wine and vermouth.
The company, in order to automate its 14,000 sq.m. distribution center located in the Moscow region, agreed with ant Technologies, to implement Mantis' Warehouse Vision (the WMS arm of Mantis' leading Logistics Vision software suite). The decision was based on LVS' rich functionality and high adaptability that allows to easily cover company's present and future rapidly growing business needs as well as on ant's strong consulting force that has a lot of experience from several sophisticated logistics projects in different market segments.
Among the LVS modules and other special functionalities that were implemented by ant Tehnologies in order to improve the management and maximize the productivity of the distribution center activities, are the following ones:
- Yard Manager to monitor and automate the movements of vehicles in the yard of the warehouse complex.
- Logistics-by-Voice voice solution (based on Vocollect's technology platform) to further improve the productivity of the order picking activities.
- Advanced stock rotation algorithms.
- Special mechanism to verify the reservation of goods on the basis of relevant documents.
- Automation of the storage and printing of all types of scanned documents (certificates, declarations, reports, specifications, contracts, etc).
- Integration of LVS with Alvisa's internal accounting system.
"In order to maintain and expand our leading position in the market, we need to further increase our competitiveness through the utilization of advanced technologies" says Maxim, logistics director of Alvisa.